How do I create a lotto barrel

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello,

Im a bit stuck at this. I want to make a barrel by connecting up 8 rectangle 'planks'

and have a few balls in there bouncing around as it rotates. If i make a 'sprite' png

circle and try to put a ball inside obviously it starts on the top as the center of that

drawn circle is really a square.

I tried to use set collision polygon in a circle shape but its only recommended to use 8.

How to create a circle so a sprite can exist inside circle?

Is this easy to do thanks?

• If you switch to using the Physics behavior, it will allow you to set the collision mask to a circle. Also consider that Physics may give you more control and make your bouncing balls more interesting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Howdy, i already am doing that. Hard to explain..if you see example its a crappy square..i want a perfect circle

which i cant seem to do..any ideas?

Thanks

Went through the demos cant see how to make a circle made with inbuilt editor to be 'empty' inside

so working like the "square" example but is a circle...am i missing something?

• Here's how I'd do it:

[attachment=0:g9rbtdzv][/attachment:g9rbtdzv]

You can increase the variable numberOfSides to make it rounder. I used sin() and cos() to convert the angle of the center object into X and Y position for the borders

• Thanks, it was interesting to see how you did it. Im more visual in that i like to 'see' the circle

in the layout and its hard to imagine or place the rest of scene/objects without physically

seeing it..well for me

But...i can see some uses for this already and the maths is great learning too, so thanks for

that

EDIT: Oh,i guess i can use the green sprite as a placement of where i want the circle i guess.

Hmm..ok, thanks will try that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)