How do I create a link to a specific C2 layout, rather than the title screen?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I have created a web form that allows users to enter some details and click a submit button.

This then links to a google sheets script so that the data is added to the bottom of a live google sheet, along the row.

I am trying to allow the user to edit a submission after its been sent (and the website / window closed)

I have added an allowance in the google script so that one of the fields is a c2id value. This is created at random when the user loads the form. My thought being that if I do a save state at the same time as the submission is created, I just have to work out a way to load that state back to the user. Ideally I'd like to email the user a link they can click to edit their submission.

Does this sound like its possible? I can't think of a simple / strait forward way of doing it.

Worse case I'll made a load button where you can type in the 6 digit c2id to load your state. (Users can do more than one submission

• If I understand your question correctly, you can try Browser.QueryParam expression. After the submission you generate and send the user a link like this:

www.mywebsite.com/game.html?c2id=2382392

Then in your first layout you check if Browser.QueryParam("c2id") contains any value. If it does, you request data with c2id=2382392 from Google Spreadsheets and open another layout with the form where user can review and re-submit it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi dop2000

Thanks! This is exactly what I was after. Just did a small test and it works.

Appreciate the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)