How do I create a LAN game without external signaling server

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Is it possible to create a LAN game without an external signalling server? If not, is is possible to set up a simple signalling server on your own LAN?

The goal being not requiring an internet connection to play a LAN game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is just speculations so might not work.

But you could try to setup a virtual machine and run a version on that, and see if you can connect to it.

• You can set up a server and configure it as a "localhost" on a LAN. I can't post the URL due to lack of rep. Just Google "localhost server" and you'll find a very good YouTube video on the subject. Not knowing about your OS version or LAN specifics, I can't offer further advice.

• this page has an example of html5 with webrtc scanning for your ip and others in your local network.

The site I got it from speak a lot about potential security issues here.

From the looks of it, it should be totally possible, just needs an implementation in construct 2 multiplayer features I supose.

• Hi ! Is there anything new someone can tell me about the implementation of this function ? Is there a plugin available ? Thank's

• Hi ! Is there anything new someone can tell me about the implementation of this function ? Is there a plugin available ? Thank's

It's available in the store. However I think this will require you to ask player to buy the signalling server if they want to play on LAN, I think the license will not allow you to distribute it as part of the game.

• It's ok for me, the game i'm making is only intended to play in a lan with friends...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)