How do I create a ingame tutorial for the first time.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I want to have a tutorial that only appears the first time someone plays the game. Does anybody have an idea on how to get that done?

• Global Var + Local Storage. Create a variable "TUT = 0"

When first pressing the play button and have your player go through the tutorial/(s) (I'm going to assume these are a series of dialogue boxes) or when closing the last dialogue box of your tutorial, simply set 'TUT' to 1 and save that in local storage.

Set it so it never appears again if the value is 1.

• Is it just a tutorial explaining movement controls or something more in depth?

For movement controls I usually include a controls button the main menu page that goes to a new layout and I use pics for buttons in case people using it do not read English.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

When first pressing the play button and have your player go through the tutorial/(s) (I'm going to assume these are a series of dialogue boxes) or when closing the last dialogue box of your tutorial, simply set 'TUT' to 1 and save that in local storage.

I've set the value of TUT to 1 after the tutorial is finished. I also added "Set item 'TUT' to 'TUT'". Doesn't work.

• Is it just a tutorial explaining movement controls or something more in depth?

For movement controls I usually include a controls button the main menu page that goes to a new layout and I use pics for buttons in case people using it do not read English.

It's explaining movement controls and it's an animation. I want it to appear the first time somebody plays the game.

• > Is it just a tutorial explaining movement controls or something more in depth?

>

> For movement controls I usually include a controls button the main menu page that goes to a new layout and I use pics for buttons in case people using it do not read English.

>

It's explaining movement controls and it's an animation. I want it to appear the first time somebody plays the game.

Ok, I would create it in a seperate layout and use pictures to explain movement controls for people that don't read your language.

Make a button that says PLAY and when they have seen the instruction they push play to start the game events.

On Touch on Object PLAY: Go to layout GemeEvents

• >

> > Is it just a tutorial explaining movement controls or something more in depth?

> >

> > For movement controls I usually include a controls button the main menu page that goes to a new layout and I use pics for buttons in case people using it do not read English.

> >

>

> It's explaining movement controls and it's an animation. I want it to appear the first time somebody plays the game.

>

Ok, I would create it in a seperate layout and use pictures to explain movement controls for people that don't read your language.

Make a button that says PLAY and when they have seen the instruction they push play to start the game events.

On Touch on Object PLAY: Go to layout GemeEvents

The animation doesn't have any words in it. You see a phone and a Hand that do the things you have to do.

I've set the value of TUT to 1 after the tutorial is finished. I also added "Set item 'TUT' to 'TUT'". Doesn't work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)