How do I create a fountain-like trajectory of a bullet

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi Guys, I am trying to create a gun turret that shoots like that

Gravity and Set angle behaviors do not help much in that case. What do you think?

• For the first one you can do it with the bullet behavior and a negative gravity I think.

The second one you'd have to use the custom movement behavior with a negative horizontal acceleration.

Or you can do it with just events with and object "bullet" with instance variables vx and vy

on space pressed

--- player spawn bullet

--- bullet: set vx to 100

--- bullet: set vy to random(-20,20)

every tick

--- bullet: add -100*dt to vx

--- bullet: set position to (self.x+self.vx*dt, self.y+self.vy*dt)

^-that's to do the second picture. Fiddle with it and you can make the bullets accelerate in the other directions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the first one you can do it with the bullet behavior and a negative gravity I think.

The second one you'd have to use the custom movement behavior with a negative horizontal acceleration.

Or you can do it with just events with and object "bullet" with instance variables vx and vy

on space pressed

--- player spawn bullet

--- bullet: set vx to 100

--- bullet: set vy to random(-20,20)

every tick

--- bullet: add -100*dt to vx

--- bullet: set position to (self.x+self.vx*dt, self.y+self.vy*dt)

^-that's to do the second picture. Fiddle with it and you can make the bullets accelerate in the other directions.

R0J0hound, thank you. Your method with instance variables worked.

Some nuances:

I could not set vy to random(-20,20). It sets me 0 instead.

Also, should we rotate the bullet separately to achieve the second way of trajectory?

• I guess you could have a particle play at the gun barrel, and then spawn the bullets at specific points facing the way you want.

You can use random if you set it with events.

You can set the angle to the angle of motion by adding the action:

Bullet: set angle to angle(0,0,self.vx,self.vy)

• R0J0hound,

Could you precise what you mean under setting angle of motion to (0,0,self.vx,self.vy)?

I can set angle of motion only in 0 or in self.vx (self.vy).

• heliogame

"angle()" is an expression so I mean using the expression

angle(0,0,self.vx,self.vy) [/code:3yxzni2q] when setting the angle.  Also I didn't mean using the bullet behavior.  "bullet" was just the object name I used.
  • heliogame

"angle()" is an expression so I mean using the expression

angle(0,0,self.vx,self.vy) [/code:3pkt25v9] when setting the angle.  Also I didn't mean using the bullet behavior.  "bullet" was just the object name I used.

Got it. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)