How do I create this enemy?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I hope this is a quite simple question.

What is the easiest way to create a sprite that when it collides with the wall, it changes its direction either 40 degrees or a random direction the other way. Id like it to be consistent and somewhat easy to predict their direction so you can think out a path through multiple of these sprites.

My goal is to create a little top down maze with random enemies you must run through, bouncing off the walls creating a random challenge to pass.

What I know. I understand the basics but I am still quite new to the program so I wanted to ask the community for the fastest way for me to try and implement this into my game.

Thank a million for any help <3

• Sprite on collision with wall > set angle

I'm not sure what you mean by having it both random and easy to predict at the same time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sprite on collision with wall > set angle

I'm not sure what you mean by having it both random and easy to predict at the same time.

What I meant by random and easy to predict are like certain parameters for example,

When object his wall

Angle changes between 30-50 degrees.

I believe what I'm asking is if that's possible?

Thank you for the answer, the first answer for me means I must have just done something wrong with my set angle action ill try and debug that.

New question is, Can I set the angle to a range of numbers?

• Yep you can set angle to random(x,y) to pick from numbers between x and y.

• Yep you can set angle to random(x,y) to pick from numbers between x and y.

Thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)