How do I create a dynamic back-end for my game?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi,

Long story short, I was asked to create a dynamic back-end for a game developed in Construct2 either by using xml or a database.

I realise that i can load text from a xml file into a text box in the game through Ajax requests which means I can easily change or read the problem statements from the xml. However, as far as I'm told there is no direct way to dynamically change a game's structure.

For instance, consider a game divided in 6 chapters where you have a small drag-and-drop game chapter 4 but when you change your problem statement / read a different xml you actually want that mini-game to show in chapter 2. Is it possible to do this with a dynamic approach or would i have to edit it in C2?

I'm sort of new to Construct so i may not be aware of its full capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If the amount of options are limited, or able to be support with a dynamic approach in mind (supporting a different order dynamically) I see no problems really.

As a simple example

Just imagine having a layout for each chapter, and whatever order of events lead to the next chapter being X .... then simply have it load layout X at the end of that statement .... (X could be determined by a variable, which is manipulated along the way)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)