How do I Create 8 Direction Enemy Movement Like Battletoads?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • Whatsup peeps, I was wondering if I could get a hand on my enemy movement creations.ive been up for days trying to figure out how to make flawless enemy movements that track your players X and Y cords.

I understand how to make my enemies move about,but I can never get them to work correctly.

Im basically trying to make my enemies suround my character from front to back on the y axis.I dont want my enemies to always approach my character from the same side.Is it possible to make like 3 to 4 enemies perform like this?If so could someone with the skill necessary to achieve this goal give me a hand.it would be very appreciated.Thanks guys

• Can someone give me a hand please.Im sorry for double posting,I just dont have unlimited time to actually get help and be online.

• I would also like to know alittle bit about this aswell.

Im looking for something similar but if i can get help along with you Guy,It would make my project that much better.

Im trying to find out how make my enemys always mimic the players Y cords so once i spawn my enemy from the left or right side of the screen,The player cant go around them at all.

I might make a seperate post but i seen this and just figured two questions with one post.It seems to fit here.

But thanks guys.

hope to get help soon

EDIT: I actually just figured out how to make my character always keep the same Y axis as my enemy.

But what im looking for is Once my player moves up or down i want the enemy to react to the change but im not looking for every tick,i want the enemy to change position maybe a half second later than my player if that makes sense.I know how to make my enemy change position but it jumps,Im looking for a smooth transition

Im just trying to make my player feel like the enemy is boxing you in,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thats pretty much what im after aswell.I hope to get help soon.I have to go back home soon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)