How do I create coloring game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • hi, is there any tutorial or simple capx coloring game to learn from it how to create color picker.

• Hello! There could be a few different ways to achieve this depending on what kind of colouring effect you had in mind. Do you have an example of something similar you'd like to replicate??

• I am looking for something like this ;

coloringpaintinggames.com/Games/easter.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One way would be to prepare all the colorizable elements of your illustration -- the regions within the black lines -- as separate white sprites (PNGs), with the ReplaceColor effect applied. Then when the user clicks in a "color palette" sprite, store the clicked color value as a global value, and assign this to the ReplaceColor effect of any clicked illustration sprite.

Depending on the complexity of your illustration, it could be a fair amount of work to position all the illustration sprites in the appropriate positions in the layout, but it should work.

There may be other options that treat the problem more like paint fills, but I'm not aware of how to do this.

• One way would be to prepare all the colorizable elements of your illustration -- the regions within the black lines -- as separate white sprites (PNGs), with the ReplaceColor effect applied. Then when the user clicks in a "color palette" sprite, store the clicked color value as a global value, and assign this to the ReplaceColor effect of any clicked illustration sprite.

Depending on the complexity of your illustration, it could be a fair amount of work to position all the illustration sprites in the appropriate positions in the layout, but it should work.

There may be other options that treat the problem more like paint fills, but I'm not aware of how to do this.

Yes, this was how I would approach this problem. It will take some grunt work to set up but it is technically very simple to implement

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)