How do I create blinking effect?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • hi every one.

I want blinking effect for cursor while writing in text object like does in ms-word or note pad.

how to do that?

Is any one knw?

Thanks for reading.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could give your cursor the Flash behavior and use the event in the image below:

[attachment=0:puh6sy4j][/attachment:puh6sy4j]

Simply put, the cursor flashes for .5 seconds on, .5 seconds off for 1 second, then repeats.

• You could give your cursor the Flash behavior and use the event in the image below:

[attachment=0:2915xwmp][/attachment:2915xwmp]

Simply put, the cursor flashes for .5 seconds on, .5 seconds off for 1 second, then repeats.

Thanks for reply

but i want cursor should be append at end of each letter while writing like happen in notepad.

• here is capx.

• any help?

• the flash effect or behavior ?

• You can't really affect a flash to a single letter inside a text object.

Either you could cheat and add a sprite on top of the text object, moving it along and having it flashing, giving it a kind of "prompt" look like on old computers (basically a flashing square) but it is a bit involved to find out exactly where to position it.

As far as I can think of at this moment, I don't think there is not an easy solution out of the box.

• Now that I understand the question, have you tried changing the Text object with a Textarea object? If you use a Textarea object, it displays a cursor at the end of the text.

One thing to remember, you will have to set the Textarea focused to see the cursor and if it ever loses focus, the cursor will disappear.

I edited your example with the suggested change and attached it.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.

• Now that I understand the question, have you tried changing the Text object with a Textarea object? If you use a Textarea object, it displays a cursor at the end of the text.

One thing to remember, you will have to set the Textarea focused to see the cursor and if it ever loses focus, the cursor will disappear.

I edited your example with the suggested change and attached it.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.

thanks FragFather.

thatz exactly what i am looking for.

but i can not used textbox object as user having can edit or delete the text.

• You can't really affect a flash to a single letter inside a text object.

Either you could cheat and add a sprite on top of the text object, moving it along and having it flashing, giving it a kind of "prompt" look like on old computers (basically a flashing square) but it is a bit involved to find out exactly where to position it.

As far as I can think of at this moment, I don't think there is not an easy solution out of the box.

thanks for replying my post

sure i will try this out.

• thanks FragFather.

thatz exactly what i am looking for.

but i can not used textbox object as user having can edit or delete the text.

It won't happen if you set the property "Read-Only" to "Yes". It still displays text, but the user can't modify it.

Mixing it with the "Enabled" property set to "No", you possibly can prevent the user from interacting at all with/during the display and still have the effect you're looking for.

• OK, I just can't seem to let this 1 go. Here is a way to do it. Use a "ShowCursor" variable and when the cursor should be shown, append "|" (the pipe symbol). See the attached edited version. Use a timer to define when the ShowCursor is set to true.

[Edit] added a basic version. The first version has some functions that may not be clear but only uses 2 events instead of 5.

• need a help.....

• OK, I just can't seem to let this 1 go. Here is a way to do it. Use a "ShowCursor" variable and when the cursor should be shown, append "|" (the pipe symbol). See the attached edited version. Use a timer to define when the ShowCursor is set to true.

[Edit] added a basic version. The first version has some functions that may not be clear but only uses 2 events instead of 5.

thank u so much for capx.

but i am not able to open it since m having 173 version.

can u please save this project in 173 and post it again.

• Kyatric

sure read only property is there. but i can not use textbox.

thanks u for ur attention and help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)