How do I create animations for 9-Patches

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi. Let's say I wanna have three types of Dialogue boxes without having to switch between 3 9-Patches cause I want my code to be automated via functions (For exemple, I only would have to call a function "OpenDialogue" to launch an "Opening" anmation for the dialogue). Is there a way to do this?

After thinking, I thought that I would have a transparent 9 Patch and 3 other invisible ones that would constantly be on top of it and that I would set visible on needed. Is that a good idea? Wouldn't it cause lag at a certain point?

• Why not just create the one needed when needed?

You are already talking about using a function, so you would only need a parameter or variable to do so..

• Yeah, but that would make my code about 3 or 4 times longer :s

Anyway, that's the first solution I considered :p

• Yeah, but that would make my code about 3 or 4 times longer :s

Anyway, that's the first solution I considered :p

I'm not sure why the code would become so much longer and why that would be a problem, but well..

If you know how to do it and doing it another way gives issues you can always change it, right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep, that's what I finally did

It would make my code longer because I would have to check for my "animation" variable then create the wanted object. Unless you can create an object via an expression (that would be better actually )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)