How do I create animated loading screen level

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi,

I would like to know how you can create a loading screen animated when loading a level?

Because always when a load a level all the game is fixe for the loading.

• You should be able to use a "Loader Layout" to do this, I believe (in the project options).

• No I want a loading screen when I change layout. Like you launch level 3 and you see a loading screen when you wait the level 3 finish to load.

Loader layout is use only to load all your game at the beginning. Or i'm wrong?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can either load a layout that is the loading screen or set up a loading screen on a layer and make it visible. I guess the loading screen would be a sprite that has an animation?

• I think what he want is something like when level 1 is loading have a level 1 specific level and then a level 2 specific loading screen.

I get what he want. He doesnt want a universal load screen but a unique one to for each level but yeah id do it in layer but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of having it on the layout since it will default back to the project univeral loader. I wonder if there a custom script that you can add to contruct that would allow such thing.

• No it's more what said. But my problem is ok i'm in world menu, I select a level 1 so I do a "go to layout > level 1"and then the game "freeze" when he change layout. So I can put a animated screen for the loading but he will not be animated because of the "freeze" time.

I don't know if there is a possibility to load the level and have the animated screen while waiting for the level finish to load.

Like the Loader Layout of Construct where you see the loading percentage.

• First, that loading screen you see is very minimal, not using a lot of resources. An animated loading screen would.

Are you asking HOW to do it, or if it's possible?

On the few small games i have done, there is no loading time from layout to layout. The next layout just pops on screen.

Couldn't you just create events like:

When that layout triggers to go to the next layout.

For instance - when your player kills everything or overlaps the exit door > go to layout > level 1 animated layout.

On level 1 animation finished > go to level 2.

So forth and so on...

• I want to know if it is possible and if it is how I can do it.

Your idea is not bad but if my level 2 is really huge, when level 1 animation finished the game will "freez" while level 2 has no finished to load, so it can be 10 sec of "freez" or more...

Do you understand what I mean?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)