I have a couple of questions from sketching out my initial game idea.
1. I have it set so when the user clicks on an 'enemy' sprite it is destroyed. How do I include a 'radius' effect so any enemy sprites in the radius are destroyed? And can I create a circle radius around the mouse cursor when this is enabled?
2. How are in-app purchases handled/set up? Is there any tutorials available? This is later down the path but want to get an idea now of what is needed/required.
3. How do I apply visual effects to sprites? I have a spaceship and when the user collides with a shield powerup I want to apply a blue glow around the outside of the ship sprite.
4. How can I randomize the image point of a large sprite? Say I have a mothership and it can spawn a missile sprite from one of three turrets. Is it as simple as saying 'Spawn [object] on layer 0 [int(image point 1, image point 3)? Or do I have to call a random integer between 1 and 9, and assign image point 1 to 1-3, image point 2 to 4-6 etc?
5. I have a bomb, and I want to destroy all instances of 'enemy' sprite when the user activates it. How would I go about that? I still want new ones to continue coming though.
6. If I have a bucket sprite and I want to destroy a sprite that touches it, ie. 'collect' the sprite and increase a variable by 1, can I set it so that if the sprite collides with the edges of the bucket along the top it's destroyed but the variable only goes up if it collides with the middle part of the bucket. Like in real life if an item hits the rim of the bucket it won't go in...
7. I know very little about Construct's particle systems. Is it possible to set a 'smoke screen' effect on a certain region of the layout, and set its opacity and duration?
8. On regions, can I assign certain regions like a hotspot or would I have to create an invisible box sprite and set collision for it?
9. And finally, how can I set an 'achievement' of destroying x number of 'enemy' sprite before any of them hit the player? I'm thinking (guessing) it would have something to do with increasing a killinarow variable that increases with every successful mouse click destroy event but resets when playerhealth variable is decreased upon enemy sprite colliding with player? Am I close?
Thanks heaps! Learning lots about the system!