Copy and paste across projects

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello there!

I tried to open up two instances of Construct 2 with different projects in each, hoping that I could copy a game object from one project and paste it into the other project.

This did not work.

Is there a way to do this so I don't have to re-create objects that I want to reuse? Perhaps an "Import from Project" option that I couldn't locate?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This works for me. I can copy-paste a Sprite from one instance of Construct 2 to another. (It also works if you open two projects in one instance of Construct 2.) What is it you're trying exactly?

• I just did this with my game. I wanted to test out a specific part of my events and wanted to copy that part of my game to another project for tests.

To copy objects, you have to copy the sprite on the Layout window, and paste it onto the 2nd layout window.

• If you copy code verify the same variables are in both projects.

Functions must have the same name too if you renamed it. (The function name itself and not the name of the function)

• This works for me. I can copy-paste a Sprite from one instance of Construct 2 to another. (It also works if you open two projects in one instance of Construct 2.) What is it you're trying exactly?

I made my game for the Windows 8 competition by using the Template:Auto Runner and after I got it working the way I want I decided to copy and paste the items needed for Windows 8 games(Share button, Purchase button, etc...) from the Windows 8 template.

I just did this with my game. I wanted to test out a specific part of my events and wanted to copy that part of my game to another project for tests.

To copy objects, you have to copy the sprite on the Layout window, and paste it onto the 2nd layout window.

Ah! Thank you, there is my problem. I was trying to copy(Ctrl+C) items from the directory tree in the Projects panel of the first instance and pasting(Ctrl+V) into the Projects panel of the second instance.

Copy and pasting from the layout worked, I should have figured that out myself, but thanks to everyone who helped!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)