How do I copy layout with layers from one project to another

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello is there a possibilty to copy the whole layout with layers from one project to another that layers will be available in the new project too?

thank you

Tina

• Yes and no. You can't copy neither Layouts nor Layers from inside Construct 2. But, if you save your projects as project folders (instead of being saved into one capx file, every project will be a folder filled with all the project files), then you can copy-paste the Layouts and Event sheets .xml files from one Project to another. Just make sure that all the objects that appear in those Layouts and Event sheets exist in both Projects prior to copying the .xml files (or Construct will show an error message).

It works, I've been doing it a lot lately.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh and I forgot to say that you'll also have to open the .caproj file of your second project (the one into which you copied the Layouts from the first project) using a notepad application, and find the list of Layouts and Event sheets to add the new Layouts and Event sheets you've just copied.

I'll try to make a tutorial about this when I have the time, since it doesn't seem like there is already one.

• This youtube video may be helpful.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)