How do I convert a data string to url?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • I need to Play Audio from a string from AJAX.LastData. Is there any way to do this?

• I need to Play Audio from a string from AJAX.LastData. Is there any way to do this?

I can use the Video Plugin to play audio from URL. Requesting a URL allows you to get LastData, but can you encode LastData into a URL

• You can set the URL to audio file directly in "Video set source" action, without AJAX. It works for me. For example:

Ogg Theora Source="https://file-examples.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/file_example_OOG_1MG.ogg"

Also, you can play audio files by names if you upload them into the folder with your game. You can do this after you exported you game, no need to include these files into the project.

• You can set the URL to audio file directly in "Video set source" action, without AJAX. It works for me. For example:

Ogg Theora Source="https://file-examples.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/file_example_OOG_1MG.ogg"

Also, you can play audio files by names if you upload them into the folder with your game. You can do this after you exported you game, no need to include these files into the project.

I need to save audio in a list to play later. AKA list of sounds.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So where are all these sounds located? Are they on your server? Can you upload them into the folder with your exported game? If you can, then you will be able to simply play them by name.

• So where are all these sounds located? Are they on your server? Can you upload them into the folder with your exported game? If you can, then you will be able to simply play them by name.

The contents of the sound files are stored in an xml file.

• Really, contents? Encoded in base64 format? There is an addon that allows playing audio from base64 string, you can find it here.

Or did you mean URLs are stored in the xml file?

• Really, contents? Encoded in base64 format? There is an addon that allows playing audio from base64 string, you can find it here.

Or did you mean URLs are stored in the xml file?

Yes Contents, not URLS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)