Continuous world

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • so i was wondering how i could make it look like the world is one big sphere, what i want is when i go top or left and reach the end of the layout it resumes on the other side ( bot or right in this example) but i dont want it to be notisable, i want the player to always be in the center of vision and when its almost at the end the other side of the map can be seen, how do i do this?

• My guess is by using one big tile background, that can be added/stiched to the left or right, top or down, next or upon another tile.

Then instead of the player moving left/right/top/down, the background is the one who should be moving, when you press left/right/top/down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My guess is by using one big tile background, that can be added/stiched to the left or right, top or down, next or upon another tile.

Then instead of the player moving left/right/top/down, the background is the one who should be moving, when you press left/right/top/down.

how dp i make this? can you send me a print or a capx?.. i don´t understand how i can stich something

• Stitching in this case is something that is done to the background sprite. It basically means that the left edge of the sprite matches up with the right edge, so the background still looks good when the player walks to the edge of it , and you see two instances of the background, one at the left edge and one with the right edge lined up so you can't see the seam.

This seems like an interesting challenge. If you do end up moving the background instead of the player, you have to move all the obstacles and enemies etc also. What I would do instead is designate a margin the width of the screen around the edge of the layout. For everything within that margin, you duplicate it so that everything that happens on the right happens on the left and visa versa. If the duplication is good enough, the player won't notice when they are teleported from one edge to the other. Then you modify all your pathfinding and enemy behaviors so they respect the boundary as well, and make sure enemies also get teleported when they hit the edge. I bet that using a Canvas can help you to visually duplicate parts of the layout, which makes it easier to hide that seam.

• I have made the tutorial. Check it whether it is like the one you need http://dapur-uang.com/en/construct-2-create-continuous-background/

I provide also the example, you can test it.

I hope the concept is the same with the one you have in mind.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)