How do I continue to play from my last position after exiting?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Hello everyone, good evening!

I have a 'small' problem that can't figure out and I can't find a solution anywhere.

If there is some good tutorial or explanation somewhere, please let me know.

Anyway, I would like when exiting the game and turning off my PC, and when I get back to it, to continue playing where I left it.

I was following some tutorials on LocalStorage but everyone is showing how to save highscores, and can't make this work with these steps.

Is there a way to make it so that, when exiting, you don't need to choose the save button, but it saves on exit, and you just continue from that point when you come back?

Tnx in advance.

• You can use system save game and not save on exit because that's risky but you could autosave, or save at checkpoints or when returning to main menu.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey tnx for the fast reply.

Yes I have checkpoints, but can't figure out how to make the system save the position on the last checkpoint when I exit the game.

Every time it starts from the begining.

So I guess it's something with Local Storage?

• It's under system actions 'save', not local storage. When you load the game you use system action 'load' to load the saveslot where you saved the game.

• Did it, tnx.

But here's something interesting that happens.

When I colide with checkpoint, it saves and when I exit the game and return to it, I continue from the last checkpoint I collided with.

But, if I start the game from my last checkpoint and don't move at all, exit the game and start it again, it returns me on the begining of the game because in the last play, I didn't collided with the checkpoint.

So, maybe it's possible to make it save on start or something?

• It should load the save slot data from 'the last time you saved'. I don't know why it would overwrite previous data with starting from the beginning of the game, must be your events.

• Yeah.

I actualy removed all events I did from following tutorials ( even tho it worked, only I had this problem with it ), and just added that system save on colision with checkpoint, and load that save on loader layout complete.

Tnx. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)