How do I use construct2 and cocoon.io to create an iOS game?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello all! So, I'm finally ready to transfer my Android apps and games over to iOS iStore... My question is, how exactly do I use construct2 and cocoon.io to create an iOS game/iOS version of .apk file? I need a complete tutorial (showing how to sign it, and get admob ads working correctly, etc., because, I have no experience with making iOS apps), and it seems impossible to find an all-in-one tutorial online.

Thanks in advance, to those who help me with this one (this is a huge step for me -- I can't tell you how how much your help will be appreciated:).

• Heres a couple of links to get you started:

https://docs.cocoon.io/article/signing/

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/p ... s-ios/#p12

Just a heads-up, people are encountering a couple of different problems when building for iOS with Cocoon. Have a look at the Cocoon forum.

Hopefully you'll be lucky and wont encounter these problems.

Heres another link to check out if you're planning to use Canvas+

https://docs.cocoon.io/article/construc ... ing-fixes/

• guannstar

You'r also in Construct 3 section How do i.

• guannstar

You'r also in Construct 3 section How do i.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that until you told me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Artpunk, I', kind of confused, and was wondering.... When you export from Construct2, should export with Cordova or HTML5?

• Hey Artpunk, I', kind of confused, and was wondering.... When you export from Construct2, should export with Cordova or HTML5?

Hey man, if your destination is iOS then you should export as Cordova.

But, im not the best person to be giving advice, Im currently tied up in knots trying to figure out iOS myself

• *moved to correct section

• I see, Well, thanks anyways, for all your help.

zenox98, thanks for moving it (again, sorry).

• I don't get it... In cocoon.io, how am I supposed to get the certificate and provisioning profile, before I've even finished compiling the iOS file? Do I not need the finished cocoon.io-compiled iOS file to get the certificate and provisioning profile? Can I get them (the certificate and provisioning profile) first, and if so, how?

• Yes u get the certificate and provisioning profile first from the Apple Dev website. You also need to set up your app on iTunes connect. Follow the shatterbox tutorial above, it steps through it all. Also do u realise u need a Mac for several steps? Or u can run OSX in VMware on PC.

• Yes u get the certificate and provisioning profile first from the Apple Dev website. You also need to set up your app on iTunes connect. Follow the shatterbox tutorial above, it steps through it all. Also do u realise u need a Mac for several steps? Or u can run OSX in VMware on PC.

Thanks. Yeah, I have a mac, with xcode installed on it. Again though, how do I set up my app on iTunes connect, if I haven't completed compiling the iOS game file yet? I'm thinking; like the Google Play Store, you have to upload the apk file first, and then, you set up the app settings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)