Connect-the-dots style puzzle

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and complete the shapes!
  • Hey guys,

I'm working on a game and the very last puzzle I want to implement is giving me fits. I'm trying to add a puzzle to the game that is impossible to solve, but the functionality is difficult for me to add.

This picture was made in Photoshop and is an example of what I would like the game to do.

Essentially, you need to connect the dots at the start point and fill every circle in until the end point. NO DIAGONALS, and you can't cross through a circle more than once. It's an impossible puzzle. I just don't know how to get the game to know it can't draw diagonal lines, and I don't know how to get the game to draw the lines in between the dots. The rest I can figure out, but essentially it's just getting the game to know it can't draw diagonally and getting the game to draw the lines in general.

If anyone can help with this at all, I will be forever grateful. I'm just stumped. I don't even know if this type of code/puzzle is possible in C2.

• legofreak689

here is a quick sample to look at...

each circle knows what row and column it is in, so we can test if it is a valid move from the last one.

It only tests for valid move if the mouse is over an open circle - so you can't move to a filled circle.

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/circlegame.capx

• I'm 3 minutes late, but here is my version:

dropbox.com/s/s5zbbnglufo23zp/DotsGame.capx

• dop2000 lol, sounded like a fun thing to try - going to see how you approached it now...

edit: you did it in a lot less events! although I was also showing feed back and was setting it up to be able to tell the player if they had any valid moves or not.

• Thank you both so much! These have been immensely helpful. AllanR I've decided to go with your solution because it's a lot closer to my original concept. However, I've followed your capx file, and for some reason whenever the line is spawned, it spawns on the circle and not between circles. Any idea as to what would cause that?

EDIT: Wait, never mind. I fixed it. Turns out I didn't have the hotspot set properly on the line. Thank you so much! Everything works properly!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AllanR I updated my version - added feedback and game over detection.

dropbox.com/s/s5zbbnglufo23zp/DotsGame.capx

• dop2000

nicely done! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)