how do I configure pathfinding?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • As in the fallout shelter the game where there is a false sense of depth, I also have to re-create a similar movement. Pathfinding is fantastic and it works great with games of all kinds, but when I have to create a 2D game, I do not like that my character is going in and turn on itself if it should turn right or left, as in the present in the DEMO Construct 2 in which the triangle turns on itself when it has to choose which way to go.

I have to make sure that the character moves with TOUCH or mouse click (done).

I have to make sure that the character avoid obstacles (made with pathfinding)

I have to make sure that the character does not turn on itself when it has to go right or left ....

Or you can propose an alternative.

Unfortunately I suffer from anterograde amnesia that forces me to reprogram the game every single time since the beginning. Ask you is the only chance I have to get on with my projects or, arrived at the halfway point, if I move away from the location of risk job of forgetting important steps or, if I enter the info texts, the risk of not fully understanding them .

• I did not think that maybe there is a plugin fit for purpose ... now I look. There are so many in this internet site that maybe I am.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The more I think the more I think it's not necessary to use pathfinding. Having to move the player probably as fallout shelter, when the character approaches a subject I will create an animation. In short .... a fiction.

Maybe I'm making the biggest problem of what is actually ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)