How do I compress my astronomical file sizes?!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I made a small game in Construct 2 which consists of 99 events, all the sound files are 128 kbs, and the pixel art images are PNG-8.

What I do not understand is that the file size at the end of compressing into a NW.js exe, is 131 MB.

The problem with this is that the maximum file size for a competition at my school is 30MB. How come my game amounts to this file size? and even when I compressed it using win-zip it is 42 MB.

I have uploaded the link to download it from Mediafire for those of you who want to see the game for yourself and see the file sizes.

Please help me, I really love game making and I don't want to be excluded from a competition just because of the file size.

mediafire.com /download/ 29m4zkykv5trqak /win64.zipx

[Please just close in the spaces]

• NW.js is a wrapper and includes, among other things, the full chromium browser.

If you create a new project with just one sprite, the export would still be around 120MB. There is no way around this.

• NW.js is a wrapper and includes, among other things, the full chromium browser.

If you create a new project with just one sprite, the export would still be around 120MB. There is no way around this.

Thank you zenox98, Is there any other way to reduce the file sizes? Maybe I could try a different export?

i tried exporting it into a HTML and the file sizes become very reasonable, but how do I play my game? The rules for the competition state that HTML files are acceptable but how would they be able to play the game? every time I try to open it, it "says exported games wont work until you upload them"

• You could either host the HTML export yourself on Dropbox, google drive etc, or ask your school to place the export in a folder of their server and just provide the link.

You could also post it to the Scirra arcade and then just provide the link to the competition.

• If they state that HTML(5) is acceptable, then they run a local server. You should not worry about how they play it then. If they say its acceptable, then them should worry on how to play it.

On the other hand. It is easy to publish on Google Drive. Including scripts. Wich is not true for most free clouds.

https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfy ... b1C83/exec

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What you probably want to do is host your game using google docs.

1. Export as HTML5

2. Upload the whole folder to your google drive

3. Make the folder "public on the web"

4. Get the hosting URL for your index file by following these instructions:

http://yal.cc/hosting-html5-games-on-google-drive/

5. Turn the URL in as your completed game (Keep in mind the URL will change once they navigate to it like below).

Here is an example of mine:

https://53fbace09517be5dac434194fccae18 ... hzaXpQaE0/

• Easyer with that google script that i provided. Zip the folder. Upload. Done.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)