Complex Doors

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
The package contains 105 sounds This sound library is perfect for voicing mechanical doors in your Sci-Fi game.
  • I have many doors in my game, each door is opened and closed by a 'power cell', when the player hits the cell, (for the sake of animation) every 0.2 seconds I add one to a 'power cell charge' variable, when the charge reaches 7 I set a 'charged' bool to true.

At this point, the door opens along with some lights surrounding it.

To open the door I give every effected sprite a 'cellNumber' variable and I say:

When PowerCell is 'charge'

When PowerCell "PowerCellNumber" is 1

When Door "PowerCellNumber" is 1

When lights "PowerCellNumber" is 1

Open door & turn on lights.

I've got tens of doors in my levels, there's got to be a more simple way of doing this but I've wrestled with it for hours. This current system doesn't even work particularly well.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

• sounds like you are looking for the function object. Just code once and repeat with different parameters.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried this but it doesn't work because i have multiple instances of everything - It means if I open one door they all open lol

• It should work if you call the function at the right spot and/or pass the right parameters to the function.

• Try 'Pick By Comparison'. then pick all doors with PowerCellNumber the same as PowerCell.PowerCellNumber

• I think using families, "pick by UID" and some arrays could be better.

• EncryptedCow

Wow pick by comparison almost works - but it doesn't work when I have it as 'trigger once' - which is something I need to do for the animation, sound and collisions etc

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)