Completely erasing save

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • I really love the new save and load system in Construct 2, but I've run into some issues.

Is there a way to completely erase a save file, without having to go into the hard disk and hitting delete? Preferably from within game.

I tried a process of resetting global variables, restart layouts, and resetting local/object instance variables, but the last step is a bit cumbersome, especially if you have to reset a lot of instance variables one by one.

I could probably do a loop/on player manual save delete condition or something, but that's still just kind of just avoiding the issue instead of solving it.

• Anybody got a solution that's better? I don't mind doing the other way, it's just a bit cluttery.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How have you been saving? Isn't it just Clear Local Storage/ Clear Session Storage?

• I think you're confused as for what I mean. I'm talking about the save game and load game features introduced in Construct 2 since r124.

I know how it works and got it to work fine, but I can't figure out where Construct 2 stores the save-data via this method on disk, and there's no "Delete Save" option either.

I tried clearing local and storage as you suggested, but apparently, this feature is different as that didn't do squat.

Edit: Clearing the browser's cookies apparently works for this, but it's still a roundabound solution for me.

• There doesn't seem to be an answer for this anywhere. I'm needing to do the same thing, but can't figure it out.

• Any help?

• 2 years later.... Bump.

• Need an answer to this as well, seem to be lots of people needing this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)