How do I make a complete platform game with the whole packag

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete Wild West inspired music, stings and sound FX for your indie games and projects.
  • Hi there,

I've been working with Construct 2 for a few weeks and i'm trying to make a 2D platform game with the whole package.

With this I mean the following includes which I cant seem to work properly:

• Character selection (Having problems with character spawning inside the levels)
    • Level selection (10 levels)
    • High Score (all scores in each lvl combined as total score at the end)
    • Score memory (Whenever you completed a level, you can play that level again without losing the previous score. Highest score stays)

Well those are the important things i can't seem to figure out. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this cause I've been stuck for a week.

The best thing would be a Capx file of a comparable Platform game.

I've included the Capx of my game as well (It's only a functional design so far, so nothing special)

You can find it here: w w.dropbox.com/s/ecv5ivkq38r9phy/TreeofLife.capx?dl=0

Thanks in regards.

• I recommend starting with the beginner tutorials here

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/top

for each of the things you asked for help on search those exact words on the forums and tutorial section and you will find things that can help

I recommend looking through the manual as most of what your looking for will be solved with Global variables Web storage and arrays

https://www.scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Volkiller730, I actually have a better understanding of Global variables now!

The one thing I can't seem to fix is a restart button for my level.

Because some actions happen in the Character selection screen to choose between 2 character which one of them appears in my levels.

The character that has not been chosen is destroyed in the beginning of the level.

So every time I restart my level layout all the characters appear, because the system doesn't remember the actions from the character selection screen.

Is there a way to save those actions whenever i start the first level?

• Use global variable :

Variable = 1 -------- destroy character blue

Variable = 2 -------- destroy character red

If you want to restart the game Reset the global variables from the System.

There are a full platform tutorial on Scirra youtube channel.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)