So after much searching I came upon this amazing plugin for an Advanced Textbox object. It really is extremely helpful and suggest you give it a download if your project contains textbox object. Huge thanks to Pinco for this amazing help!
Link to the plugin:
Other than the normal textbox properties, this one provides also:
- Background Color: allows you to pick a color for the background.
- Transparent Background: allows you to disable the background color and have a transparent background.
- Font: allows you to choose the font to use (like for the label).
- Font Color: allows you to specify the font color.
- Borders: allows to toggle the text box borders. If disabled it also remove the border highlight that certain browsers (like chrome) adds to the text input areas.
- Top/Bottom/Left/Right Margin: allows to specify the distance in pixel that the text should keep from the margins.
- Horizontal Alignment: allows you to customize the text alignment.
- Select all on focus: if set to yes, when the textbox get the focus will select all the text inside.
- On Focus Gain: triggered when the textbox has the focus.
- On Focus Lost: triggered when the textbox lose the focus.
- Has Focus: return true if the textbox has the focus.
- Validate: return true if the textbox content is valid (based on the content type selected).
- Set Web Font: like for the text object, this allows to use webfonts on the textbox object.
- Set Background Color: change the background color for the textbox object. It accepts the following color formats:
- "rgb(0,0,0)": rgb function (remember to always use the quotes)
- "#FFFFFF": hex color value (remember to always use the quotes)
- "transparent": string color name
- Toggle Borders: allows to enable/disable the textbox borders.
- Scroll Top: scroll to the top line of the textarea.
- Scroll Bottom: scroll to the bottom line of the textarea.
- Select All: select the whole content of the textbox.
- Append Text: append text at the end of the currently existing one.
- Append New Line Text: append text at the end of the currently existing one in a new line.
- TextAfter: Get the text after the caret text box's text.
- TextBefore: Get the text before the caret text box's text.