How do I get Collision checks / sec in the events?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • So i'd like to count the average and highest collison checks / sec, but didn't see an expression to measure collisions. Am i missing something?

Thanks!

• So i'd like to count the average and highest collison checks / sec, but didn't see an expression to measure collisions. Am i missing something?

Thanks!

well, you have "on collision" condition trigger and variables, and "time" conditions, "timer" behavior.. so i think you can do it easily.

• In the debug view you can see the collisions per tick.

• > So i'd like to count the average and highest collison checks / sec, but didn't see an expression to measure collisions. Am i missing something?

> Thanks!

>

well, you have "on collision" condition trigger and variables, and "time" conditions, "timer" behavior.. so i think you can do it easily.

Good suggestions, thanks

• I would point out that a collision check is not a collision.

The triggers don't apply to all instances, but just those that have collisions, and not the check itself.

You would need a for each to measure that, but it's a terribly wasteful method.

The debugger shows the number of checks however.

• I would point out that a collision check is not a collision.

The triggers don't apply to all instances, but just those that have collisions, and not the check itself.

You would need a for each to measure that, but it's a terribly wasteful method.

The debugger shows the number of checks however.

Ah yes, you understand my problem.

So there is no way to work with collision checks, only with debugger?

I hoped i can create a small graph to see how it changes while playing...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well you could estimate it by counting the number of instances that would be checking for collisions.

The expression for that would be .count.

I suspect that we don't have one for collision checks for the reason I stated above.

• Well you could estimate it by counting the number of instances that would be checking for collisions.

The expression for that would be .count.

I suspect that we don't have one for collision checks for the reason I stated above.

Thanks, i'll try it out

Can i filter .count only to the instances that have collision on?

And if i add the .count of Monster, Bullet and Solid families, i get a bigger number than the actual collision checks because each 3 family affects the other 2, right?

• You would go by the amount of events you have doing collisions, so it sounds like it might be accurate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)