Closing interstitial advertisement takes user back to previous layout?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hello,

I got the ads working on iOS device but I have a small problem and don't know how to solve it. I hope you guys can help me out.

I have a interstitial ad to show after few seconds when we load the level layout but when we close that ad it takes me back to menu layout is there anyway to prevent this.?

• Have you tried using "Go to next/previous layout"?

If that doesn't work, try this method: Use a variable or dictionary key to store the layout name.

Upon entering the current level (such as level 3), on start of layout, set the variable to "LayoutName", without the quotes. Then when you run your ad, at the end where it's supposed to return the player, add a "Go to layout (by name)" and use the variable you made in place of a direct name.

• Have you tried using "Go to next/previous layout"?

If that doesn't work, try this method: Use a variable or dictionary key to store the layout name.

Upon entering the current level (such as level 3), on start of layout, set the variable to "LayoutName", without the quotes. Then when you run your ad, at the end where it's supposed to return the player, add a "Go to layout (by name)" and use the variable you made in place of a direct name.

Hey

Thanks for the quick response. I don't think that will work because the ads are displayed in middle of the game so if I reload that level again the player has to start from start which will not work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can solve that via saving states/stats/variables/etc of objects in a level (such as whether pernemant collectibles are obtained, player position x/y, solved puzzles, etc) using a dictionary, json files and local storage.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)