How do I clear image memory?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basics sprites and tilesets to build a platformer game or prototype
  • Can the project with the value of the memory use 54.9 mb crash because of lack of image memory?

The fact is that even in the top smartphones running Android, after 14 levels of a black screen appears, and in this crash. Regardless of whether I start with the first level, or from the 15th story of the same.

It is strange that in the debugger image memory - unavailable

I checked all the errors in the code should not be.

How to clear the image memory?

• You can't manually clear image memory. C2 uses only what it needs for specific layout. When new layout is loaded then all not needed objects are released from the memory and new objects for next layouts are loaded.

Image memory in the debugger will only show if you use WebGL

• i don't think the lack of memory the source of your issue, all recent phones have 2GB of RAM, which is used as graphic memory too.

What do you use to export your game? cocoonjs, intelXDK...? can you export a capx (i'll understand if you don't want to)?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can't manually clear image memory. C2 uses only what it needs for specific layout. When new layout is loaded then all not needed objects are released from the memory and new objects for next layouts are loaded.

Image memory in the debugger will only show if you use WebGL

Thanks for the info! Very helpful!

i don't think the lack of memory the source of your issue, all recent phones have 2GB of RAM, which is used as graphic memory too.

What do you use to export your game? cocoonjs, intelXDK...? can you export a capx (i'll understand if you don't want to)?

I also thought that the problem is not in this, but I checked everything several times. I do not know then what could be the problem.

This is what happens:

It should be like this:

I use TiledBackground

I exported through the cocoonjs canvas+

Unfortunately I can not give capx

• ok, maybe try exporting with the intel XDK...

your problem is very strange ; for me, the only cause should be a problem in your events, or in the layouts

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)