How do I choose what to do with my weapon system?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
JBoB Sound Studio AAA Quality Sound Effect "Weapon Master" Pack contain royalty-free stock sound effects.
  • Hello scirra forums! this is my first post here under me and a friend's joint account.

I have a few questions I need addressed in regards to a weapon system.

I have an array of values in both text and integer that represent the workings of a weapon system, with sorting slots, ammo, magazines, names, all that good stuff.

However, I'm having a problem. the mouse wheel is meant to sort through these values, but I'm a little frustrated with trying to get it to work.

Only ammo, magazine, and weapon name are to be displayed to the user through text, the other values I have are for system-related use.

[attachment=0:2gf1y4j5][/attachment:2gf1y4j5]

this is the code I use, the comments show my problem. I have no idea why it would work on the backscroll whereas the forward scroll screws it up. The disabled lines are what I used before, clamp is not working for me so I had to add in the extra conditions.

I'm tempted to switch my values to XML format, because I'm feeling like I might be able to do things in that format faster than using arrays- even with rex's CSV tools.

also, Second question. How do I use filepicker or another associated plugin (even it) to load mods? say an array to use as a tilemap? I plan to work on making my games moddable in the future and want be preemptive on it for my next game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here utility to fill an array

• Handy utility DeXVinogradov !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)