How do I choose a character and carry it forward in the game?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2d warrior machrom platformer game character assets
  • Currently I create games for my granddaughters of 8, 9 and 13 years. Their last request left me a little perplexed. They would like to be able to choose one of the many characters and then be able to play with them.

I created a game with 2 layouts. In the first there is the choice of the character and a small demo game to teach the girls how to move and in the second there will be the actual game. I don't know how to allow you to choose a character in the first one and "carry it" to use it in the second layout! Do you have any ideas? Much information on the forum is no longer online.

• You should set a variable, like selectedCharacter, upon the choice on the first layout and use it to pick the character object accordingly in both layouts. I'm not sure how you do the character choice, but it should be somethng like this. If you can share a file, I'd gladly take a look at it and see what's missing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• I'm the one who's a fool. I solved it almost immediately. I was just a little under pressure, you'll understand ... three grandchildren ... I wanted to send you the attached file anyway but I see that I don't know how to do it with this messaging system ... anyway I solved it, thanks!

Sono io che sono scemo. Ho risolto quasi subito. Ero solo un poco sotto pressione, capirai... tre nipoti... volevo inviarti comunque il file in allegato ma vedo che non so come si faccia con questo sistema di messaggistica... ad ogni modo ho risolto, grazie!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I used an array and stored them in there...but man I wonder if I should have just set a variable the whole time...LOL

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)