Is there a way to check a savegame for certain variables?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • So I want to create a save system where the player can select from where they want to start once they reached a certain point in the game.

I set up a save game system and that works so no problem there. But of course the loading only loads the entire savegame from where I am. But I want to load only certain variables for certain spots.

The idea is it that from the start menu, you can chose the stage (i have a few of those) you want to start from after you completed them. Let's say I complted 5 stages and the game autosaves after every stage, I want the player to be able to chose which of those 5 completed stages they want to load. Maybe they missed something in stage 3 so they want to load Stage 3 again WITHOUT overwriting their save file (so that they can play stage 5 again without needing to complete stage 4).

Since i set up the stage selectio with global variables it would be nice to just load that particular variable instead of the entire save file^^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay I just figured out a different way that does the same thing so yeah, you can close this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)