How do I check if it's events or graphics fault

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • ...that my framerate is low? remember? there was something like graphic card waiting on processor or something like that, back in the construct classic times. how can I make something similar in C2?

also, there seems to be something wrong with delta time. if i make:

on Sprite created: custom movement: accelerate 100 at angle 90
    every tick: custom movement: accelerate 1000 * dt vertically

this behaves totally different depending of framerate (or device actually, as i got higher fps on desktop machine and lower on android)

• Scroll your game somewhere where there is nothing visible on screen at all (maybe make some custom events to do this). If the game speeds up, it's rendering. If it doesn't, it's events.

Not sure what's wrong with your dt movement, maybe share a .capx?

• http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59009902/wat.capx

actually try to just preview it couple of times, every time you touch screen, the black box will appear and behave differently almost every time, despite the same event. so i think this is not only related to framerate.

hope that helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scroll your game somewhere where there is nothing visible on screen at all (maybe make some custom events to do this). If the game speeds up, it's rendering. If it doesn't, it's events.

well, game runs at around 15fps when scrolled outside view, so I believe it's in events, but are you sure that offscreen drawing doesnt affect speed? is there really a difference if the sprites are drawn on or off screen?

cheers and thanks for the help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)