How do I Check If An Array Cell is Empty?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Im trying to figure out how to check if an array cell is empty,if anyone knows of this it would be awesome to have help.

• system compare: array.at(yourx,youry) = 0 (or "" if you mean an empty string)

if you need to go through the whole array and do something with all elements that have a specific value, you can use this:

array for each element XYZ

system compare array.at(array.curx,array.cury,array.curz) = yourvalue : your actions

• mindfaQ so this would work if I was trying to make my tiles change?

For example Im trying to make my dirt block turn into a grass covered dirt block but only if the cell above it is free.

Thats why I wanted to know.

• Yeah, if you have a 2D-array the tile above would be array.at(array.curx,array.cury-1), left would be array.at(array.curx-1,array.cury) and so on. Be careful on the edges though, as array.at(-1,0) doesn't exist.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mindfaQ

Im not understanding something here bro,This is a way to check just one cell?

Or can I run this through the whole array?

It would be awesome to see a visual representation of this but nonetheless I still would love to learn from you.

I never used array.at before.Im just getting used to arrays in general

• What I have so far is

On Start of layout

For each XY set value at (array.curX,array.curY) to floor (1)

Create object tiles on layer 0 at (array.curx.array.cury)

TileArray.CurY > 5

• I gave you the answer in my first post.

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php

• mindfaQ

Thank you so much for showing me what you ment!! You actually shown me a few things I did not know along with my main issue.

I know you might have told me in an earlier post but I am more of a visual learner. Most teachers have a chalkboard, in our case its a CapX file.thank you once again for your helping hand.

• mindfaQ

One thing your capX dosnt show is how to make the upper most cells the same value all while keeping the rest at random.

I know that round (random (0,4)) will mix things up but how will I dictate that my top cells all stay the same value?

Could I say an empty cell is 0 and if its true that the cell is 0 I could switch frames accordingly?

• You can select your first line in the same fashion as you already know ("TileArray.CurY > 5") just use = 0 and curx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)