How do I make my character move between layouts and back.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I'm trying to make something where the character goes through a door to another level and can go back to the previous level at the door. Please Help.

• You can make 2 global variables...one for the character's X position, and one for the Y position. When the character goes through the door, create an action that sets the global variables to the X and Y positions of where the character will appear in the new layout. And also create an action that goes to the new layout.

Then, have a "On start of Layout" event that sets the character's position to the global variables.

Hope that makes sense

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can make 2 global variables...one for the character's X position, and one for the Y position. When the character goes through the door, create an action that sets the global variables to the X and Y positions of where the character will appear in the new layout. And also create an action that goes to the new layout.

Then, have a "On start of Layout" event that sets the character's position to the global variables.

Hope that makes sense

Thank you (sorry for the late reply)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)