How do I make character different animation at the end.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hello,

Guys i new to this community sorry for if i do something wrong!

I want to ask that how can i make different animation when i reach to the of ladder collision i mean the upper side make different animation somewhat it shows like character is putting his hand on the ground like taking support for standing up....

I guess you guys get my point if not i'll explain better way!

thanks

• I'm not sure if this is correct, I'm more trying to give you some sort of idea before an actual professional comes to help you but...

I think, do you have variables for your character? like "climbing" or some sort of state that controls/tells the game "the player is currently climbing" ?

Perhaps check if right after he is "done climbing" play the animation of his arms supporting him up.

Maybe place uhm... imagepoints on your ladders at the required places - and when your sprite collides with them have the animation play out?

Maybe when the sprite collides with the top of the ladder, set a thing to prepare him for "Getting up" and make the getting up animation play before you can fully move your character?

I hope I helped, sorry its pretty scatter brained. Here let me fix it a bit...

Try placing an image point near the top of the ladder, when your player is overlapping it, have the animation play of him getting up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Somewhat like this :

I need its steps tutorial how can i do!

As i say noob over here....

You guys are awesome....

thanks

• Have you done many tutorials before making a game?

I think if you just have the character finish climbing, and disable controls for half a second after finish climbing, just make his first animation play 'getting up', and then give him regular controls.

• Nope very few just some Youtube videos and it helps but not much!

Some steps would really appreciated...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)