Changing pathfinding cell size at runtime

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • I've searched high and low on the forums for this and couldn't find anything...unless I missed it. How would I change an object's cell size with an event? I see I can get the value such as "Enemy.Pathfinding.CellSize" but I can't seem to figure out how to change it. Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well ,

It's in the behaviors section , at the left of the screen when clicking on an object with pathfinding behavior

• Whiteclaws He asked if it was possible during runtime, read the whole thing.

sgtwombatstudios As far as I can tell it's not possible. If it's important that you are able to change it, I would suggest having a few invisible sprites that the object follows with different cell sizes that you can switch between.

• Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of doing something along those lines as a workaround. The problem is that the smaller screen, such as a phone, the smaller the cell size needs to be to work correctly. I'm thinking of having a few copies of the enemies, each with a different cell size. And then depending on what range the screen size falls under, the enemy with the best cell size for that screen will be loaded? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing it will work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)