Changing particle emitter type?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • The are two options with the particle plugin, One Shot and Continuous.

As far as I can see, I can change every other setting of a particle emitter through events except the type.

I'm new to this but I can't find any solutions, it there a way I can write something that directly changes this property?

Context;

I've just bought the product, first game (as a learning what I can do experience) I'm building a platformer and want moving clouds in the background.

I have it all working pretty well with a burst of flow at the start but I would like to One Shot to create "existing clouds" on loading the layout, then switch the emitter to a slow flow.

I could use 2 separate emitters but it would be more efficient to use only one.

• use the set spraying to turn it on and of

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks but that would only work if I used two emitters, one for One Shot and one for Continuous. I'm seeing if there's a way to change the Type setting instead.

I can basically solve the problem but I want to know if there's better solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)