How do I change sprite RGB

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
HSV RGB Color Picker and Converter for Construct 3
  • Hi

I just want to know if it's possible to change the RB values of a sprite in construct, because i need to change the color of the main character for the main mechanic of the game

THanks in advance

• You have two options with this I believe. The best one that should work everywhere is to create all your sprites in every possible color you would need and to upload them in to your project. You then change it to that animation when you need it.

Your other option which will only work if you have WebGL available to you is to use one of the built in C2 Effects such as "Set Color." This will allow you dynamically change your RGB channels through the Effect. If your project defaults back to the Canvas2D this wont work though. So the first method is probably the safer method to guarantee it works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have two options with this I believe. The best one that should work everywhere is to create all your sprites in every possible color you would need and to upload them in to your project. You then change it to that animation when you need it.

Your other option which will only work if you have WebGL available to you is to use one of the built in C2 Effects such as "Set Color." This will allow you dynamically change your RGB channels through the Effect. If your project defaults back to the Canvas2D this wont work though. So the first method is probably the safer method to guarantee it works.

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I'm going to use the webGL effect called tint, it's just what I need.

Best

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)