How do I change object style. +start game faster

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello,

I am making a game with a ball and i would want to make a change ball menu, where you could buy or earn new ball styles (new colours, forms... etc)

How can i make this without using a lot of memory.

I was thinking about a animation, but I thinks it takes a lot of memory.

For example:

If you but x , => ball set animation x

anyway to do this without animatons?

And:

How do I make on start of the game not to load all layouts and theyr objects (almost 100 layouts) and yo load just the start menu layout and when you press "Start" than to load them.

Is there a way?

I just want to start the game faster.

Thank You.

• I would think that having multiple animations might make the code cleaner, unless you are going to families instead.

But having a menu where you select the ball you want to use from those you have earned/bought would be the easiest way I'd say, an then either have it set a global variable that references a particular animation or sprite in the family to display.

As for the start of the game, it may come down to how you have designed the game. Depending on how it is made, you could store each level as a text file then read them in and have the game set them up accordingly (using arrays and setfromJSON expression)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • emoaeden OK thanks for help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)