How do I change the camera's path to a diagonal path?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Move around the rectangular and travel as much as you can!
  • How do I change the camera's straight path to a diagonal path... In a cut scene?

I’ve been studying this video along side with a .capx made by Kyatric

https://youtu.be/RHVF_Utc1Sk

So, here’s this:

The .capx/video explained when a one of the camera trigger is triggered by the player, the camera will enable cinematic. The event sheet (the image that's above) I just showed you is where, of course, a cinematic is enabled. The camera will move forward, leaving the player to view another area. Then go straight back to the player. Something like this:

What I'm trying to figure out it this:

How do I set the camera's path to go diagonal? I think that's all the information I can give for anybody to help me.

Any help is much appreciated!

• For each x condition and action, add a corresponding y condition and action with the numbers you want.

I always like to suggest using an invisible helper camera sprite to make things easy to understand though. Just add to "scroll to" behaviour on it, and move it around as needed.

• Rise 0f BETA

that code only changes the camera's x coordinate, so to move diagonally, you will have to also change the y coordinate.

There are plugins that can help do it - like LiteTween, or MoveTo. Or you can do it with Lerp, or just calculate how much to add to the y coordinate each step of the way.

In your graph you are moving 7 units on the x axis, and only 2 on the y. So each time you change x, you want to change y by 2/7 as much.

Edit: yeah, what oosyrag said!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the helpful replies you guys!

oosyrag

For each x condition and action, add a corresponding y condition and action with the numbers you want.

I believe I know what you mean.

Could this be the answer you are trying to inform me?

I tried this method out, and camera seems to move diagonally downwards... which is something I don't want. Obviously, it's something I'm not doing right. But, hey, it's a helpful start! My mistakes can be corrected. I'll keep on experimenting!

My goodness, thanks for telling me about those plugins. Probably would have save me a lot of time.

[quote:210s8gow]or just calculate how much to add to the y coordinate each step of the way.

Could you tell me what this method is with more details?

I want to collect as much information I can get with all the replies!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)