How do I cause specific sprites to spawn at random times?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hello to everyone,

I apologize if this question has been asked many times before, but I searched the forums and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. How can I cause a specific sprite (a projectile for example) to spawn at random times?

Thank you in advance.

• Try this:

Add the "Every X seconds" condition - interval (seconds) = random (x)

• Thank you! The result I ended up with isn't quite what I expected but this is definitely super helpful! I think I did something wrong maybe.

• Well, perhaps you need to be more detailed about what you are exactly trying to achieve.

The answer you got for the way you asked the question is just spot on.

If that is not exactly what you are aiming for, try detail more the mechanic you are trying to achieve.

Analysing/breaking it down will help you in the long run and will help us help you with how to do it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes Kyatric the answer was indeed spot on, but I don't quite understand the full power of the Construct 2 engine just yet. Which is why I said "I think I did something wrong", I know that what Seymour said is what I need to do but I don't quite know how to implement exactly what he said is all. Thank you for your input though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)