Can't seem to figure out the facebook login plugin...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Read the facebook tutorials by Ashley which was great in my opinion. But I can't seem to figure out how can I let users login to Facebook with my game that is already up on the App Store.

So I create a loginSprite for facebook & This is the condition and action I made to login to Facebook

1) On Touched loginSprite > Facebook Log In

I also copied pasted my App ID & Secret, but whenever I test it on my browser and on my iPhone browser it gives me this error

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Anybody can help me out here?

• Is it a mobile app from like the apple store or google play...... If so, the standard Facebook login's will not work. A person by the name of cranberrygames has a version of Facebook login for mobile exports. If your app really is just a website then the above mentioned error means that the website you are accessing isn't listed in the app domain or the website url settings on the developer.facebook.com settings for your app. You would just need to add the website to your settings.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you are saying the Facebook object that comes with Contruct 2 does not work on mobile devices?

• Yes the game is already up on the app store and I am planning to use the FB Plugin so that people will be able to post their scores to earn in-game currencies.

• No ondraayyy and CDogs1964, the last I knew it did not work on mobile exports. The reason being is this

Most apps utilize a website, so when you setup your account, Facebook can make sure it only talks to requests for information from the websites you tell it are safe. With a mobile strictly app, there is no website outside of possibly http://localhost. Facebook does allow you to put localhost as a domain while testing your app, but when your ap goes live it will refuse requests from anyone but the developer from localhost. So you need to use one of the mobile settings in your developer.facebook.com app whcih requires some key. I've never made a mobile app so I'm not sure if the key is made by the app store or by you during the export process. I just know it requires some weird id in place of the website.

Last I knew, the standard Facebook plugin does not work on the whole key system, only on the website system. You would need to look up a third party solution. A user by the name of cranberrygame has a phonegap version facebook login and someone else has a parse.com version which I believe is mobile friendly, but check first. Look through the third party plugins section on the forums for more information on these.

• Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)