How do I make C2 export my background image as JPEG?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy to use shop and inventroy populated by an array!
  • My background image is a JPEG file of 800 Kb. When exported, project converts it to PNG and it has 4 Mb size! How do I avoid this?

• Edit your image to be a png in your editor of choice before you import it to construct 2. (save as png)

Construct 2 only works with PNG files, there is no avoiding this.

- edit: apologies, I was mistaken.

It can import other formats, but will convert it to PNG.

• That's not true. In the Sprite editor, the fourth icon from the left at the top of the window is "Set export image format". You can choose export options there. Anything that doesn't use transparency can benefit from using JPG.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's not true. In the Sprite editor, the fourth icon from the left at the top of the window is "Set export image format". You can choose export options there. Anything that doesn't use transparency can benefit from using JPG.

I stand corrected ^_^

I never clicked that button before lol

• excellent!

my full project weights 10 Mb. I reduced the size of the background and saved 3,5 Mb. That is 35% less. Isn't that important? How do you think

I knew about this button, but it is called Export, so my first thought was Exporting out of the project, not converting for the project Rather than export, it might be better Called - Convert, no?

Thank you, blackhornet!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)