Browser object prevents build in Intel XDK

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I was trying to build my app using Android-Crosswalk Intel XDK, but when pressed "Build Now" button, I got error.

I tried to investigate what can cause this error, by removing/adding objects and found out that this is cause with by the Browser object/plugin in Construct 2.

I tried to build it also with "In App Browser" plugin enabled in XDK, but still error.

Do you know what am I doing wrong? do I need to add some third-party plugin in XDK? Or possibly some permissions?

thanks for help

• It shouldnt be the browser object causing the error. can you post the build log and it will be easier to help you

• volkiller730 thanks for quick reaction

I am new in Contruct 2 and totally new in Intel XDK, but I am 99% sure it was the Browser object.

I took all the objects and plugins from my Conctruct 2 app, and I was removing/adding one by one. Once I removed the Browser object, the Build was successful. Then I added it back, and the Build failed with following message: An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

How do I get the Build Log when the build failed in Intel XDK? I seem to be able to get it only when it was successful.

BTW, could it be that I have the Browser object in my object types, but it is not used in the whole project yet? No action with the object.

• no it shouldn't be that. to get thw log when the build fails there is a link to the log i dont remember what it says(the link) its something like see logs or something

• so just for a fun of it I added event to the Browser object, to open google.com in new window on touched object, and the build WORKED. wohoo. Now I will try to build it with the full version of my app. It has 80 Mb, to it will take some time to export and upload and build, I will update the situation.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • unfortunately build failed again. Here is the log, please help:

Buildfile: .../try4/build.xml

-check-env:

[checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 23.0.2

[checkenv] Installed at ...

-setup:

[echo] Project Name: try4

[gettype] Project Type: Application

-pre-clean:

clean:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 0 seconds

Buildfile: .../try4/build.xml

-set-mode-check:

-set-release-mode:

-release-obfuscation-check:

[echo] proguard.config is ${proguard.config}

-pre-build:

-check-env:

[checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 23.0.2

[checkenv] Installed at ...

-setup:

[echo] Project Name: try4

[gettype] Project Type: Application

-build-setup:

[getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 20.0.0

[echo] Resolving Build Target for try4...

[gettarget] Project Target: Android 4.4.2

[gettarget] API level: 19

[echo] ----------

[echo] Creating output directories if needed...

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin/res

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin/rsObj

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin/rsLibs

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/gen

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin/classes

[mkdir] Created dir: .../try4/bin/dexedLibs

[echo] ----------

[echo] Resolving Dependencies for try4...

[dependency] Library dependencies:

[dependency]

[dependency] ------------------

[dependency] Ordered libraries:

[dependency]

[dependency] ------------------

-code-gen:

[mergemanifest] Merging AndroidManifest files into one.

[mergemanifest] Manifest merger disabled. Using project manifest only.

[echo] Handling aidl files...

[aidl] No AIDL files to compile.

[echo] ----------

[echo] Handling RenderScript files...

[echo] ----------

[echo] Handling Resources...

[aapt] Generating resource IDs...

[aapt] nothing matches overlay file icon.png, for flavor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[aapt] nothing matches overlay file icon.png, for flavor ,,,,,,,,,,,,xhdpi,,,,,,,

[echo] ----------

[echo] Handling BuildConfig class...

[buildconfig] Generating BuildConfig class.

-pre-compile:

-compile:

[javac] Compiling 10 source files to .../try4/bin/classes

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:

[dex] input: .../try4/bin/classes

[dex] input: .../framework/bin/classes.jar

[dex] input: .../framework/xwalk_core_library/bin/classes.jar

[dex] input: .../framework/xwalk_core_library/libs/xwalk_core_library_java.jar

[dex] Pre-Dexing .../framework/bin/classes.jar -> classes-c888b94ddba97b0e25b22525db35b6cc.jar

[dex] Pre-Dexing .../framework/xwalk_core_library/bin/classes.jar -> classes-87b66cb50b13fe1ffdecf5ef05c79ce8.jar

[dex] Pre-Dexing .../framework/xwalk_core_library/libs/xwalk_core_library_java.jar -> xwalk_core_library_java-1aa58519e49aaf933d900f3c0be99fa5.jar

[dex] Converting compiled files and external libraries into .../try4/bin/classes.dex...

[dx] Merged dex A (59 defs/46.8KiB) with dex B (209 defs/314.8KiB). Result is 268 defs/437.9KiB. Took 0.3s

[dx] Merged dex A (268 defs/437.9KiB) with dex B (872 defs/919.9KiB). Result is 1140 defs/1659.5KiB. Took 0.7s

-crunch:

[crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: .../try4/res

[crunch] To destination dir: .../try4/bin/res

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_next_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_next_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_next_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_remove.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_remove.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_action_remove.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png: 67% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-ldpi/icon.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-ldpi/icon.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-ldpi/icon.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_next_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_next_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_next_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_remove.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_remove.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_action_remove.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-mdpi/icon.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/icon.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-mdpi/icon.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_remove.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_remove.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_action_remove.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png: 53% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_next_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_previous_item.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_remove.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_remove.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_action_remove.png: 0% size of source)

[crunch] Processing image to cache: .../try4/res/drawable/icon.png => .../try4/bin/res/drawable/icon.png

[crunch] (processed image to cache entry .../try4/bin/res/drawable/icon.png: 53% size of source)

[crunch] Crunched 17 PNG files to update cache

-package-resources:

[aapt] Creating full resource package...

[aapt] nothing matches overlay file icon.png, for flavor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[aapt] nothing matches overlay file icon.png, for flavor ,,,,,,,,,,,,xhdpi,,,,,,,

-package:

[apkbuilder] Current build type is different than previous build: forced apkbuilder run.

[apkbuilder] Creating try4-release-unsigned.apk for release...

-post-package:

-release-prompt-for-password:

-release-nosign:

[echo] No key.store and key.alias properties found in build.properties.

[echo] Please sign .../try4/bin/try4-release-unsigned.apk manually

[echo] and run zipalign from the Android SDK tools.

[propertyfile] Creating new property file: .../try4/bin/build.prop

[propertyfile] Updating property file: .../try4/bin/build.prop

-release-sign:

-post-build:

release:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 40 seconds

• that says the build was successful. are you sure the build is failing? can you take a screenshot of the build fail screen?

• I am pretty sure it failed

• IntelRobert can I ask you to have a look on this? Build log says the build was successful, but on the build page I have BUILD FAILED

• Hello . I experienced the same problem.

In my case the problem was not the fault of the construct2 xdk.

construct2 have a problem that some project data stored between himself unknowingly damage.

At this point solution is to export and load it after saving the current project to construct2 in other places "save as project".

In my case disappeared XDK issues like the screenshot you through it. I hope I do not know if you have reference not be resolved .

Luck be with you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)