Bound to Layout - Stuck Objects

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fly Bound
$2.49 USD
Design for game, asset for game, game kit, UI design, completed design for game FLY BOUND
  • My objects are getting stuck when they are at the edge of the layout. Anyone experiencing the same? Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

dropbox.com/s/2up8b60c2dbyd8c/bound%20to%20layout.capx

• Well what are you trying to do, bounce it off the sides? Create a sprite border with physics behaviour to bounce off, don't use the edge of the layout.

• That's a good suggestion, but is it because this behaviour is broken?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think so. Bound to layout doesn't mean bounce off layout.

• Well I'm not expecting the bird to bounce off the edges but at the very least this behavior shouldn't have caused the bird to get stuck?

It does sound look like a bug to me. I'm surprised nobody has reported this.

On your suggestion, if I wanted spawn some objects off the layout and let it fall into the layout, any ideas how best to do this if I have a solid wall at the top?

Thanks again.

• It's not a bug, if you apply bound to layout to the bird and let it move every tick to self.x+10 you will see it move across the screen and get 'stuck', this is not stuck but simply bound to the layout. The action wants it to continue out of the layout but the behaviour stops this, the same happens when you apply physics, the physics wants to push the bird out of the layout but the bound to behaviour stops this again.

For the other question, you could disable collision of the object until it is in the layout. There is an object condition 'is outside layout', you use that to disable collision, then you use the same condition inverted so technically 'is in layout', you enable the collision of the object. This would see it drop through the border wall.

• It's not a bug, if you apply bound to layout to the bird and let it move every tick to self.x+10 you will see it move across the screen and get 'stuck', this is not stuck but simply bound to the layout. The action wants it to continue out of the layout but the behaviour stops this, the same happens when you apply physics, the physics wants to push the bird out of the layout but the bound to behaviour stops this again.

For the other question, you could disable collision of the object until it is in the layout. There is an object condition 'is outside layout', you use that to disable collision, then you use the same condition inverted so technically 'is in layout', you enable the collision of the object. This would see it drop through the border wall.

This is brilliant!!! Thanks plinkie!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)