Bound to layout but with other object?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm replicating a breakout following a couple tutorials and I found that in both cases they make the paddle stay un mouse.x position or lerp to it, to smooth the movement, but I can make the paddle go away from the sides of the screen and I want it to stop at some point.

If I use bound to layout, the paddle bounces against the layout wall, but... what if I want it to bounce on a different surface? Because of the X position re-positioning itself constantly, it ignores the solid behaviour of the walls. There's no actual movement, but an X position change.

I can't figure out how to make the paddle stop on, for example, a frame that I make to contain the gameplay area.

The only idea I have is to extend the paddle and make the far sides invisible, so they impact before the paddle hits the layout border, but... I don't know. Don't feel very comfortable with that solution.

Any help is very welcome. Thanks in advance and best regards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can simply do something like this:

paddle set X to clamp(mouse.x, 50, 1030)

or you can make a more sophisticated formula that takes into account paddle.width, layoutWidth etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)