How do I make a bouncy platform...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Hi, working on my platform game, playing around with the Physics behavior but having no luck creating a bouncy platform block. So it's a solid, an object that when you jump on it gives an upward bounce effect. Is there another behavior that would do this, like a 'material' behavior?

thanks,

M

• If you want a bouncy platform using physics, you would need to apply force to the player when overlapping the platform (possibly overlap at offset?).

Basically something like;

[Player is overlapping platform at offset Y+1]

--- Apply force 500 at angle random(265,275)

Or something along those lines

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wouldn't it apply impulse instead apply force ?

• Either/or I guess it depends on the effect you're looking to achieve. Impulse might be a better choice for this particular use.

~Sol

• Hmm. And if I didn't want to make the platform bouncy by using physics? Feel like there should be a materials property to a solid...

Sol, in your code bits above, the option to Apply Force, is that contextual if you have Physics applied to the platform block?

thanks,

M

• Hey, thanks again guys, I kept screwing around and found a simple way, no Physics required:

(hmm is there a trick to adding an image to a post, can't seem to paste anything in. Guess that's an attachment?)

If Player overlapping object at offset (0,2), then Player set Platform Vector Y to -800

cheers,

M

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)