How do I bounce X back faster than the max speed (platform)

From the Asset Store
Bounce the ball and try to keep it bouncing and prevent it from falling down for as long as you can.
  • So I'm working on a platformer where players fight each other with guns. These guns do not kill the other player but bounce them back an X amount. I've set a max speed for the players, to make sure they don't pass that speed (sounds logical right?).

The players need to 'bounce' back, whenever a bullet hits them. Now here's the problem: I want that bounce to be able to exceed that 'max speed' stat. How do I do that?

One solution I thought might work is 'on left press -> set vector X', but then I didnt like the way the character moved, it didnt look 'natural'. But if that is the solution, what should I add to that event to make the character move more natural?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm?

You can create a global variable that reads max speed.

MaxSpeed = player max speed

Then add whatever speed you want to increase that to.

On bullet collision with player: Set player max speed= Maxspeed+500

Something like that but not sure if it is the effect you want. It would depend on if you want that a sustained change or just temporary effect.

If temporary add in a wait for so many seconds and then reset the player speed to Maxspeed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)