How do I block an IP Multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Physics Block Puzzle game template for Construct 3
  • I am working on a game, and I need to implement a blacklist/ block/ ban users.

This means I need an IP that can be blocked.

Currently I can block an individual user/account based on alias. But I need to go one step further and block an IP if needed.

Also, sort of two questions in one. But is peerID/MyID going to be the same each game? Im trying to see if maybe this ID possibly relates to a users computer/IP address. If so, it might work as a workaround. But ultimately blocking an IP is prefered. Cant check this myself at the moment, but if no1 knows I will do a quick test later and post my results on this subject.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IP addresses change daily so don't bother focusing on that. Ban/Deleting the users account, is more than sufficient.

• IP addresses change daily so don't bother focusing on that. Ban/Deleting the users account, is more than sufficient.

Most ISP assign one IP that represents ones household.

While an individual computer may change IPs fairly often, usually monthly or so, the outgoing IP of the location almost never changes.

But, maybe you are right, IP ban might be overkill. Overcomplicating the task beyond what I need to.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)